Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mad with medicaid

About 2 weeks ago, it was time to refill Em's invega. Took the prescription to the pharmacy to get refilled and needed a prior authorization. Call the dr to get it and wait a few days. Almost 3 weeks later we still dont have her meds. I have been giving her trileptal but its just not working. She told us this morning that she was feeling suicidal and homocidal and that scares the crap out of me.

Medicaid would pay thousands of dollars for a hospitalization, but doesnt want to pay for meds to allow my child to function??WTF. It just pisses me off so bad and I really cant stand the system. We really need a complete overhaul of Medicaid period.....

3 comments:

  1. This is ridiculous. What reason is given for this delay? I have not been on Medicaid before so I don't know how it works but it sounds like there are some serious problems. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Region 3 who we are going through with her psychiatrist has to send in a prior authorization form on some meds. They called me either the end of last week or earlier this week getting the information about it and said it was fixing to be faxed in a couple of minutes and then we could get it filled. I have been to the pharmacy several times and has not been done yet. I couldnt even get a few days worth. It would be 20.00 a pill and I just cant afford that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like administrative incompetence (and I say that from working in offices for the past 10 years). I wonder how these people would feel if it was their children's health on the line?

    ReplyDelete